Tuesday, September 29, 2009

kid-sized buffet

I'm still planning to one day replicate the kid-sized buffet in this back issue of Blueprint (pictured in the bottom far right). The 'buffet' appears to be composed of three LACK tables from IKEA (cheap enough to buy just for a party at $8/table) scooted together. How fun would it be to have a kid-sized 'favor buffet' or have small snacks set out their level? Or perhaps an Amy Atlas-inspired mini treat table? It would definitely have to be for the 3+ year old crowd (I can't imagine my almost two year old being able to control himself with a small table of treats), but perhaps something I will contemplate for his next birthday.

2 comments:

SadieandLance said...

Great idea, I considered doing this with our IKEA side table for my son's 2nd party, but one table wasn't enough to hold all the food! I didn't think to go get a couple more.

Anonymous said...

This is funny to read, Sara. My son’s second birthday is coming up and I’m doing a candy display on our cocktail table which is at his level. I’m curious to see if he goes hog wild or looks at all the goodies with fear.

I’ll keep you posted! ;)