Thursday, June 18, 2009

gen says...(father's day)



From Gen:

"As I am preparing for Father's Day '09....thought I would pass along an easy and inexpensive gift idea from our celebration last year.

Pictured are sweet little ceramic vessels from Crate and Barrel- that Oden and I filled with herbs (purchased at Home Depot). This was a simple and fun project- very easy for the children to help with, solved frequent last minute trips to Whole Foods, and the finished project looks lovely sitting on the countertop.

We paired the potted herbs with cooking accessories- also from Crate and Barrel (I love their simple packaging) and a little treat from J. Crew (one of dad's favorite stores!). I love the simple masculine color palette of all the gifts piled up together.

Thought this might come in handy for those beginning their Father's Day treats!"

2 comments:

orange sugar home said...

what a perfect gift - very unusual too and practical!! thanks!

Full House said...

great idea for Father's Day. I may have to copy.

If you're interested I just had a Mr. Man party. I think it turned out to be so much fun. Plus I loved that it is almost aligned with Fathers Day as well.

check it our here {vivafullhouse.blogspot.com}

Christina