Wednesday, May 27, 2009

weekend project


I love weekends when things actually get done! They are few and far between these days, it seems- since adding a little one to the house. 

I have long had 'create bulletin/inspiration board' on my project list. I had seen one in Martha Stewart Living a long time ago that put the fire in my belly. When we moved into our most recent house (almost two years ago!), I said I would make it a priority. Well...the time finally came. I have to say I am pleased as punch with the results, and they are everything I envisioned they would be. We installed one in my office so I would be able to put up portions of the HPG collection and miscellaneous inspiration, and another in our playroom so that we can hang children's artwork with ease.  

For those of you interested in this DIY weekend project, I suggest you look at Shiso Mama's thorough instructions. We loosely followed her guidelines and modified them for what would work best in our home. I feel I must warn you, however, that it is a Project, with a capital P. Getting the board, cutting it, finding the fabric, ironing and stretching it so that it doesn't pull, putting anchors in the wall so board can be supported...for us, it required getting a babysitter so that we could devote enough time to it. But as I said, I'm quite pleased!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

such a great idea! i love martha stewart!

paula said...

Love this and that sweet little bird mobile.

Lacey said...

Did you make that adorable little bird mobile?

by Sara Hicks Malone said...

no- sorry, that is by Tamar Mogendorff! She makes amazing things